This Week @ the Library: Feb. 10-15
This week at our libraries you can celebrate Valentine's Day, learn about the Census, get some help finding a new job, knit with friends, try out all kinds of STEM activities, and discover your next great hiking adventure!
Just a reminder, our Winter Reading Program is still going on through the end of the month. It's not too late to sign up here and contribute to our collective reading goal and get into drawings for prizes at some libraries.
A Washington Trails Association representative will give an overview of their services and connect to resources for finding and enjoying your next trail adventure. Q & A and local hiking suggestions.
- Okanogan, 6 p.m. Tuesday
- Bridgeport: Valentine's Day crafts, 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- Cashmere: Make friendship bracelets, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Chelan: Free play with Keva planks, Legos, puzzles and games, 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Curlew: STEM for ages 8-and-up, 2 p.m. Friday.
- Leavenworth: STEM Club, 3:30 p.m. Monday.
- Moses Lake: Learn-to-code activities from ages 8-12, 4 p.m. Monday; family movie afternoon, 4 p.m. Wednesday; watch the movie Meleficent 2, 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Pateros: Movie and popcorn, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Peshastin: STEM Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday; all ages knitting, crocheting and other fiber projects, 1 p.m. Friday.
- Quincy: Valentine's slime activity, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Republic: Makerspace with Buffy, 3 p.m. Monday; all ages ukulele jam, 6:30 p.m. Monday at Republic City Park.
- Tonasket: Crafting from the heart for all ages, 4 p.m. Tuesday; makerspace, 12:45 p.m. Tuesday.
- Twisp: Lego building, noon Saturday.
- Waterville: Make pop-up Valentine's cards, 10 a.m. Friday.
- Wenatchee: All ages and skill levels knitting, 4 p.m. Monday.
- Brewster: Teens at the Library, games, crafts, STEM and more, 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Moses Lake: Manga Club, 6 p.m. Tuesday; play Magic: The Gathering, 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Omak: Try out dip & drop painting, 5:30 p.m. Saturday, register here.
- Wenatchee: Foiled Again! writing club, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Brewster: Make alcohol ink coasters, 2 p.m. Thursday.
- Chelan: Lake Chelan Ukulele Circle, 1 p.m. Thursday.
- Curlew: Knitting group, 1 p.m. Thursday.
- Leavenworth: Get your questions answered about the 2020 Census, 10 a.m. to noon Thursday.
- Moses Lake: Drop-in tech help, 9 a.m. Tuesday and 4:30 p.m. Thursday; sit & stitch, 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Oroville: Bring your craft projects and work with others, 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Pateros: Needle crafting, 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Oroville: Coloring hour for adults, 1 p.m. Tuesday.
- Quincy: Scrabble Club for Adults, 10 a.m. Monday; screen printing (fabric provided or bring a clean cotton shirt), 11 a.m. Tuesday.
- Republic: Introduction to bowl carving, 5 p.m. Monday; adult arts and crafts, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- Wenatchee: Drop-in tech help, 2 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday; Foiled Again! writing club, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Winthrop: Vietnam veteran Tom Allen talks about his time in Vietnam, 7 p.m. Wednesday.